AAU President Barbara R. Snyder Praises President Biden’s FY 2022 Budget for Strategic Investments in Government-University Partnership
America's leading research universities are at the forefront of the battle against COVID-19
- As COVID-19 surges and patients pile into emergency rooms, researchers at the Keck School of Medicine of USC emphasize that even the quickest medical emergencies can have serious aftereffects.
- Scientists at The Ohio State University have discovered a new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
- Researchers say number of pandemic-related deaths is actually 36 percent higher than reported; disadvantaged communities hit even harder than thought
- A team of astronomers from the University of Washington, Western Washington University and the University of California, Irvine discovered more than three-quarters of all stars exist as binaries — with one companion — or in even more complex relationships. Stars in close quarters can have dramatic impacts on their neighbors. They can strip material from one another, merge or twist each other’s movements through the cosmos.
- Visualizations using SDSC’s 'Comet' system at UC San Diego lead to an important viral inhibitor discovery
Founded in 1900, the Association of American Universities is composed of America’s leading research universities. AAU’s 65 research universities transform lives through education, research, and innovation.