Growing our economy through invention and innovation
- New research by a Texas A&M University professor suggests that a modification could be made to the violin that will enhance its tonal quality and how it is played.
- MIT’s new mini cheetah robot is springy and light on its feet, with a range of motion that rivals a champion gymnast.
- Incorporating the arts—rapping, dancing, drawing—into science lessons can help low-achieving students retain more knowledge and possibly help students of all ability levels be more creative in their learning, finds a new study by Johns Hopkins University.
- Preliminary evidence suggests working out five minutes a day, without lifting a single weight or jogging a single step, could reduce your heart attack risk, help you think more clearly and boost your sports performance.
- A new study looking at fast food’s evolution over the last 30 years shows that portion sizes, calories, and sodium levels have steadily crept up.
How AAU Makes a Difference
Founded in 1900, the Association of American Universities is composed of America’s leading research universities. AAU’s 62 research universities transform lives through education, research, and innovation.