Growing our economy through invention and innovation
- The University of Michigan has unveiled a new CRISPR-based tool that acts more like a shredder, wiping out long stretches of DNA in human cells with programmable targeting.
- A Stanford-led study has shown some viruses sequester antibiotics in the lungs of CF patients, possibly helping drug-resistant bacterial infections develop in the face of large antibiotic doses.
- An Emory University study shows that males gain a slight advantage in mental-rotation performance during the first years of formal schooling, and this advantage slowly grows with age, tripling in size by the end of adolescence.
- University of Colorado Boulder researchers have found that magnets zapped like lasers behave like fluids.
- A Boston University CTE researcher says an experimental brain scan revealed abnormal tau protein in former NFL players, a key step toward diagnosing CTE in living people
How AAU Makes a Difference
Founded in 1900, the Association of American Universities is composed of America’s leading research universities. AAU’s 62 research universities transform lives through education, research, and innovation.