The Student Aid Alliance has amended their funding requests for House and Senate appropriations leaders.
In the letter, the Alliance requested additional funding for 6 programs:
- PELL GRANT: The Pell Grant maximum should be increased to $6,230.
- CAMPUS BASED AID: In order to restore the purchasing power of these programs, Congress should fund them at their pre-sequester levels, adjusted for inflation. For SEOG, that would be $1.028 billion and for FWS it would be $1.434 billion.
- TRIO: The Federal TRIO programs should be increased to $1.07 billion.
- GEAR UP: GEAR UP should be funded at the $375 million.
- GRADUATE ASSISTANCE IN AREAS OF NATIONAL NEED (GAANN): Graduate education should be funded at $48 million, the pre-sequester high water mark for funding graduate education in the humanities, adjusted for inflation.
- LEAP GRANTS: Leveraging Educational Assistance Partnership grants should be funded at $65 million.