topSkip to main content

Menu, Secondary

Menu Trigger


J-1 Visas and Universities

J-1 are non-immigrant, temporary visas available for exchange visitors participating in a work-and-study-based program in the U.S. In higher education, J-1 visas are used by universities to sponsor visiting scholars from abroad. For many universities, J-1 is the primary visa used for postdocs and visiting faculty.

Download the PDF